Loving Yourself in Crisis
How To Resource Yourself With Love
Today I’d like discuss the crisis unfolding in our personal lives as our world sits at a precipice of multiple crises. Continue reading to understand why loving ourselves in a deeper way is essential to our personal futures and the planet’s.
How We Rise or Fall Together
History has shown that our fates are inextricably tied to others. The ‘others’ are the billions of humans alive in our globally interconnected world. No ocean or wall can separate us.
We have consciousness – so does our planet and all life forms. The state of our planet is mirroring us. The Earth is in crisis, therefore, reflecting how we humans have treated her.
Humans have mistreated Earth – not consciously but out of ignorance and lack of awareness.
We are conditioned by ego-based fear, greed, distrust, blame, and hate. Our true nature, however, is love. At the core of our being, our essence is love!
Loving Yourself in Crisis
No one person can transform the multitude of connected crises unfolding in our world. What each of us can do, however, is what I call ‘an inside job’ of rising above crisis by developing more self-love.
With self-love comes self-compassion. These two qualities are essential for each of us. Our state of being is daily mirrored in our outside world. The impact on others and our global society is quantum.
7 Ways to Love Yourself in Crisis
- Be more present to your ego’s self-talk – that voice inside your head that is self-defeating. ruminates about ‘what ifs’ and catastrophizes. Learning to recognize this unloving voice is the first step.
- Once you track your ego’s naysayer voice, use your conscious will to silence it. This is crucial, for only you can do this in the moment.
- Build more self-love by acknowledging yourself each time you block your ego’s fearful thoughts.
- Practice this acknowledgement as though your life’s joy and success depends on your ego overrides – because it does!
- Smile when you encounter people, including those you don’t know. Think of the smile like a welcome sign that says ‘love is here’. Do this regardless of whether people smile back. Experiment with this – don’t be surprised if your smile creates a rush of oxytocin in your body or simply a happy feeling that tells you everything is okay, you are okay.
- When in crisis, remind yourself that the crisis is not YOU. It is a temporary experience. At your core you are pure love – no crisis can touch that.
- When a crisis leaves you feeling anxious, go within to your heart and connect with the love inside of you. Know that the love is always there, in a never-ending supply.
Earth Day April 22
As I wrote about last week, Earth Day is a time when humanity gathers to celebrate and express love for the planet. It’s also a time when we collectively recognize our power to bring more love into the world. This power begins with self-love, each of us contributing to the whole.
This year Earth Day occurs April 22, the day of my ‘Love The Earth’ global meditation on zoom. You can attend live or benefit fully by listening to the recording later. I would be thrilled to have you and your friends join us this year! More description is below.
Already know you want to join: register now!
If you aren’t already participating in my monthly meditations and Divine Changemakers courses, consider joining me for guided support.
For More Energetic Support
Participate with me in 1-on-1 personal support and astrology sessions for deeper work during which I hold the space for you and guide your exploration and transformation. Attend my monthly global meditations that include guided process for life insights and healing of current challenges and old wounds.
Feel free to contact me for more information, and to let me know if a certain article, meditation, or process has been helpful.
Thank you for being a part of my life journey in these auspicious moments, and for your ongoing support!
May love and success be yours,
* All Rights Reserved *